i have 1000 records in pf.what are all the ways to read a
particular name records in rpg?? ie.. in pf i have a name
called demo appeared around 52 times hw will we read this
particular records in rpg/400?.

Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback

i have 1000 records in pf.what are all the ways to read a particular name records in rpg?? ie.. in ..

Answer / xxx

setgt and then a readpe will read 52 times then it will
throw EOF.

Is This Answer Correct ?    0 Yes 3 No

Post New Answer

More RPG400 Interview Questions

what is difference between DSPFD and DSPFFD?please give me real senario with good example?

1 Answers  

How can we change element of compile time array?Can we do so

1 Answers   TCS,

2. Which of the following statement(s) explains the difference(s) between the /INCLUDE and ICOPY directives? a.) No difference, they function the same b.) ACOPY cannot be used as a conditional directive c.) IINCLUDE files cannot contain embedded SQL d.) Nesting /TNCLUDE directives is not allowed

2 Answers   IBM,

In case if I want to know whether a record exists in a file, which one do you prefer CHAIN or a SETLL and why ?

1 Answers  

Can we trigger an rpg program which has user interaction with display file when updating a file using the command ADDPFTRG?

2 Answers  

Whether a module can consists of many procedures or it can consist of subprocedures having a main procedure?If it is possible that it can contain many individual procedures than can we have different name for complete module and how do we call this module in main modul?

3 Answers   Steria,

give an eg of ACQ-(ACQUIRE),BIT OFF,BIT ON,DEALLOC,DUMP,FEOD,FORCE,MHHZO,MHLZO,MHLLZO,MLHZO,REL,RESET,TESTZ,TESTB,TESTN----GIVE SMALL EXAMPLE TO THE OPCODES...TO UNDERSTAND FUNCTIONING...........

0 Answers   CTS,

In how many ways a session/device error occurs,,, and what is the remedy for it?

3 Answers  

what is flat file?

1 Answers   IBM,

What is the difference Return and InLr?

3 Answers  

How can we make use of SETLL operation in CL?

11 Answers  

i)What is the command to lock a file in a program ii)2. Can you get a level check error in a CL program

6 Answers  

Categories