01 a pic x(4) value 'abcd'
01 b pic 9(3)
can we move from a to b.if possible what would be stored in
b.

Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback

01 a pic x(4) value 'abcd' 01 b pic 9(3) can we move from a to b.if possible what would..

Answer / chuvabe

no. cannot. because b is numeric. alpanumeric cannot move
to numeric field.

Is This Answer Correct ?    3 Yes 4 No

01 a pic x(4) value 'abcd' 01 b pic 9(3) can we move from a to b.if possible what would..

Answer / shibin shah

alpha numeric value cant be stored in integer data type ....
so b will b contain junk valueeee...

Is This Answer Correct ?    0 Yes 1 No

Answer / shiva

no we cannot move alphabet in to a numeric field....

Is This Answer Correct ?    0 Yes 1 No

Answer / sadaf rehan

abc will moved to a and 'd' will get teminating

Is This Answer Correct ?    1 Yes 5 No

Answer / manish shelke

YES, we can move . But the a will contained only ABC and D
will get truncated

Is This Answer Correct ?    5 Yes 12 No

Post New Answer

More COBOL Interview Questions

How to get the last record in vsam file in cluster? And how can you get the ksds file records into cobol program?

0 Answers  

Move Zeroes to I move 5 to j perform para1 varying I from 10 by -2 until I = 0 display j. para1. Add 5 to j. What’ll be the value after execution of display stmt. A) 35 B) 40 C) 30 D) 25 please explain how?

5 Answers  

What is comp-1 and comp-2?

0 Answers  

I have dataset DS1 which has records say 1 2 3 4 5 ... ... etc And also I have second dataset DS2 whcih has records 1 3 4 5 6 8 .. ... Both the files are sorted and now I want to compare these files and write it into the third files if the records are matching.

4 Answers   FIS, Wipro,

How to read the 2nd last record of a VSAM file? (The file size is huge and we don't know the key)

0 Answers   HCL,

How do u sort the table for Search ALL? Is it only using ASCENDING KEY IS statement in occurs clause? If the data is input in non ascending order, will the ASC KEY IS automatically sort the data? or will it throw compile time error?

1 Answers   CTS,

What is difference between static and dynamic call in cobol?

0 Answers  

what modification we need to do in jcl if we use sort in cobol? I mean whether we need to include tempary file used for sorting in assign statement?

3 Answers   TCS,

wht is structured cobol pgm and non structred cobol pgm ?

1 Answers   CTS, DELL,

What is the difference between Structured COBOL Programming and Object Oriented COBOL ?

1 Answers  

What is 66 level number and where it is used in real time by software developers?

2 Answers   ITC Indian Tobacco Company, TCS,

how you read control card into array?

3 Answers   HCL,

Categories