80% pass in english, 70%pass in maths , 10%fail in both ,
144 pass in both . How many all appeared to the test?

Answers were Sorted based on User's Feedback

80% pass in english, 70%pass in maths , 10%fail in both , 144 pass in both . How many all appeared ..

Answer / samuel

by given me all the questions to solve

Is This Answer Correct ?    0 Yes 5 No

80% pass in english, 70%pass in maths , 10%fail in both , 144 pass in both . How many all appeared ..

Answer / mukesh

144pass

Is This Answer Correct ?    0 Yes 5 No

Answer / harsha

Total 160 students appeared for the test.

Is This Answer Correct ?    5 Yes 11 No

Answer / syed

if 10% fail in both then it means 90% pass in both.

Therefore 90% of total candidates = 144

90/100 * total candidate = 144
total candidate = (144*100)/90
= 160

Is This Answer Correct ?    14 Yes 22 No

Post New Answer

More General Aptitude Interview Questions

In A,B,C are having some marbles with each of them. A has giben B and C the same number of marbles they already have to each of them. then, B gave C and A the same no. of marbles they have, then C gave A and B the same no. of marbles they have. At the end A,B,and C have equal no. of marbles. (i) If x,y,z are the marbles initially with A,B,C respectively. then the no of marbles B have at the end (a) 2(x-y-z) (b) 4(x-y-z) etc. (ii)If the total no. of marbles are 72, then the no. of marbles with A at the starting a. 20 b. 30 c. 32

1 Answers   IBM, Infosys, Wipro,

2 persons can finish a job in 8 days. First person alone can finish the work in 24 days. How many days does the second person take to finish the job?

0 Answers   Hexaware,

Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group which is the one that does not belong to that group? (a) Radish (b) Orange (c) Pear (d) Mango (e) Apple

2 Answers   College School Exams Tests, Geometric Software,

Please send me some model test papers for sbi clerical exams to my email id oberoi.tanuj@gmail.com at the earliest

0 Answers  

Samuel is obviously a bad fisherman. During the past season, in which he and the five members of his team spent four months on a boat together off Dutch Harbor, AK, he caught fewer fish than any of his teammates. Which of the following, if true, most weakens the argument above? While fishing this past season, Samuel fell sick for a week and did not catch any fish during this time. Before becoming a fisherman, Samuel piloted a fishing boat whose members regularly caught record numbers of fish. Unlike the other fishermen on his boat, at the order of the captain, Samuel fished this past season with experimental bait. Two seasons ago, Samuel fished on another boat off Dutch Harbor and caught more fish than any other member of that boat.

0 Answers  

x:y=3 and x+y=80 what is the value of y?

0 Answers   Accenture,

If x + 8y = 20 and x = -3y, then y =

10 Answers   IBM,

What is the angle of degree suspended when two hands of clock showing the time 2.30.

0 Answers   Hexaware,

84 mens complete the work in 17 day. how much time 119 person take to complete the work.

4 Answers   Banking,

Pls send me last 3years questions of Karur Vaisya Bank

1 Answers   HP, Karur Vysya Bank KVB,

.There is a rectangular Garden whose length and width are 60m X 20m.There is a walkway of uniform width around garden. Area of walkway is 516m^2. Find width of walkway: 1 2 3 4

11 Answers   Cap Gemini, GE,

maths

0 Answers   HCL,

Categories