Topic :: Reactor

Reactor Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

What is Integral Fast Reactor (IFR)?

1 2863

Why don't signals work with the ORB reactor?

The first atomic research reactor that became operational in India in 1950 was called (A) Apsara (B) Zerlina (C) Purnima (D) Cirus

3 5606

To control nuclear reactions in a nuclear reactor so that explosion does not occur, one uses, (1) Cadmium rods (2) Carbon rods (3) Heavy water (4) Aluminium rods

1 2544

India?s first neutron reactor ?Kamini? is built at the nuclear research centre located at 1 Channai 2 Kalpakkam 3 Kolkata 4 Trombay

Kalpakkam,

3 8118

A moderator is used in nuclear reactors in order to 1 Increase the number of neutrons 2 Decrease the number of neutrons 3 Slow down the speed of neutrons 4 Accelerate the neutrons

1 2440

Enriched uranium used in a nuclear reactor is 1 Uranium freed of all impurities 2 Uranium treated with radiation 3 Uranium alloyed with aluminum 4 Uranium with a high percentage of a particular isotope

1 2418

A moderator is used in nuclear reactors in order to 1 Increase the number of neutrons 2 Decrease the number of neutrons 3 Slow down the speed of neutrons 4 Accelerate the neutrons

1 2230

Enriched uranium used in a nuclear reactor is 1 Uranium freed of all impurities 2 Uranium treated with radiation 3 Uranium alloyed with aluminum 4 Uranium with a high percentage of a particular isotope

2 2978

The difference between a nuclear reactor and an atom bomb is that 1 No chain reaction takes place in nuclear reactor while in the atomic bomb there is a chain reaction 2 No chain reaction takes place in atomic bomb while it takes place in a nuclear reactor 3 The chain reaction in nuclear reactor is controlled 4 None of these

1 4286

Which of the following is used as a coolant in nuclear reactors? 1 Heavy water 2 Cadmium 3 Liquid sodium 4 None of these

WBCS West Bengal Civil Service,

2 13716

In a fast breeder reactor, U-238 gets converted to 1 U-235 2 U-237 3 Co-60 4 Plutonium-239

1 3381

1 2626

1 3433

what is purpose of using reactor in substations.

Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd HECL,

20 103600