Topic :: Recovery

Recovery Interview Questions
Questions Answers Views Company eMail

Recovery Manager means..?

4 8406

What are the steps involved in Instance Recovery ?

ibcs primax,

1 6160

What is Journal Recovery and Dynamic Transaction Backout?

IBM,

2 5896

Which of the following are recoverable CICS resources?

IBM,

1 4969

What is meant by a unit of recovery?

1 5410

What is a recovery log?

1 4084

What happens to a tablespace when its recovery infromation has been removed and a full recovery is no longer possible?

2 4306

What is Recovery Testing?

5 10671

what is Recovery senario?

Ordain Solutions,

1 3594

How to recover a system whose root password has lost?

SoftNet,

5 8607

What steps are required to perform a bare-metal recovery?

1 5107

How to recover sessions in concurrent batches?

3 14219

Explain about perform recovery?

1 5527

How to recover sessions in concurrent batches?

1 11115

How to recover the standalone session?

2 8419

Related Topics

Un-Answered Questions { Recovery }

What is log shipping? Can we do logshipping with SQL Server 7.0 - Logshipping is a new feature of SQL Server 2000. We should have two SQL Server - Enterprise Editions. From Enterprise Manager we can configure the logshipping. In logshipping the transactional log file from one server is automatically updated into the backup database on the other server. If one server fails, the other server will have the same db and we can use this as the DR (disaster recovery) plan.

HOw to add the recovery file at runtime to the test file .

i am a begnner so am learning Error handling :tried using Recovery manager didnt work i want to be able to handle errors , e.g. if while running the test the folwoing does not show up then how can i use the If then else and goto next step in the test, as in many scenarios it does not show up Browser("The Shopping Channel -").Page("The Shopping Channel -_8").Image("easy pay").Click

What is post recovery scenario?

explain about the critical recovery scenario you had experienced

how recovery manager works in winrunner

1. wat are the main diff b/w QTP 8.0 AND QTP 9.2 ( not user interface) 2. wat is the meaning of Keyword in keyword driven frame work? 3. how u will handle the unknown errors while exucution. (not recovery scenario)

1. EXPLAIN ‘ DISASTER RECOVERY PLAN’ AND ‘ BUSINESS CONTINUTY PLAN’ .

What is the code of Password Recovery or Forget your password? Plz tell in c # language.

There is an built in window application in qtp9.1,i.e.Flight4.0.i want to implement the recovery maneger on it.How can i do this?

1. Tell me your daily activities 2. If sql server installation fails at time installation what will do 3. Where does the sql server installation log details are stored 4. After the installation what will you do for memory configuration 5. What is the difference between SQL max maximum memory and AWE memory 6. How will you configure AWE memory 7. How will setup an email alert for the backup job 8. After the SQL installation what are the jobs will you configure 9. What does –g mean in the sql startup parameter 10. What is the difference between Bulked log and Full recovery model 11. What is the difference between mirroring and log shipping 12. What are the steps to be followed before in-place up gradation 13. After installing the patch the sql server does not start and application team tells to rollback the changes .In this scenario what will you do

Received cheque Rs 250000 which is exclusive of 5% Security deposit 2.24% income tax and i% miscellaneous recovery. Pass necessary entry

Net app interview questions ============================ . Storage Fundamentals: - what is Raid? What are different kind of Raids? - Difference between all of Raids , Advantage of one raid over other - What are FCP & ISCSI, Difference between them. - FC Topologies, Iscsi commands - How to mount a Lun on Windows/Linux - NFS and CIFS - Difference between SAN, NAS and DAS - Different Backup methodologies, Snapshot, mirror, Disaster Recovery, High Availability, Cluster concepts 2. Network Fundamentals: - TCP/IP and ISO/OSI layers - What is DHCP, DNS, SNMP, Router, Hub, Switch, HTTPS , HTTP, telnet , ssh, rsh - Different SNMP versions (V1, V2, V3) - SNMP traps - Ipv4 and Ipv6 addressing 3. Database: - SQL queries, Joins (may ask you to write queries with complex joins) - Aggregate functions - Schemas, Tables, views (create, delete, alter, drop etc) 4. Testing - Bug tracking process, Types of Bugs - Difference between priority and Severity of Bug - Your best bug , what will you do when your bug is not fixed/rejected etc. - What is Functionality/Sanity/Stress/Upgrade & revert/Performance/negative/Release test/regression tests. How you have done these in your past projects. - Black box testing, grey box testing - May ask to write test cases on a given scenario - What is test plan and test summary/strategy document. Different sections in these documents. - SDLC, Test Lifecycle and approach to test a product (Given a product what different kind of testing you will do) 5. Perl ( in addition, you may be asked to write scripts on below areas) - Regular expressions - File/Directory Handling - Scalars, Arrays and Hashes - Packages and Modules - Use and require statements - Go through Net::Telnet, Net::SNMP, Net::SSH modules in perl

What is Trade Recovery Estimate and how can we calculate it?

I have kept recovery catalog on same target database and taken backup of target DB to disk. deleted the target DB & tried to restore and revoer DB using the backup on disk but it is not possible, how do we restore & recover DB